What's New ― 1996
December 11, 1996
- Added more signs:
- Slightly modified the non-table home page.
November 25, 1996
- Added Daniel Faigin's California Highway List to the Related Sites page.
November 10, 1996
- Added a background image to the table version of all of the pages so they look somewhat decent under Netscape.
- Added "Viewing this web site" to the About page.
November 9, 1996
- Completed the final phase of the web site renovation: redesigned the current and 1948 state highway sign pages to match the rest of the web site.
November 2, 1996
October 8, 1996
- Replaced the Kansas Turnpike sign with a more accurate version.
October 4, 1996
September 30, 1996
- Corrected South Dakota's sign so the numeral is black instead of green.
September 29, 1996
- Completed phase 3 of the web site renovation: redesigned the rest of the pages except the State Highway Markers pages in the same style as the United States pages.
September 6, 1996
- Finished phase 2 of the web site renovation:
- Replaced the Other U.S. Markers page with a non-table version of the U.S. Markers pages.
- Made duplicates of every page so that when you choose the non-table version of the home page, every subsequent link is to a page with no tables.
- Added the Related Sites page to the navigation bar.
- Modified the links in the Sources page to reflect the new web site layout.
- Modified the What's New page to remove links to pages that don't exist anymore.
- Made minor changes to some of the headers in the U.S. markers pages.
- Replaced the Cypress Project link with a link to Caltrans District 4 - San Francisco Bay Area in the Related Links page.
August 26, 1996
- Started to redesign of the entire web site:
- Consolidated all of the U.S. markers into one place.
- Redesigned the navigation section for all pages.
- Consolidated the How and Why pages into the About page.
- Moved the Ontario guide sign from the Other Highway Signs page to the Canada page.
- Moved the Malaysia sign from the Other Highway Signs page to a new Other Countries page.
- Renamed the Other Highway Signs page as the Other U.S. Markers page.
- Removed the Important Notes pages; the notes aren't important anymore.
- Fixed broken links in the Other U.S. Markers page.
August 14, 1996
- Changed the British Columbia provincial sign so that the lettering and border is blue instead of black.
- Added the Florida's Turnpike sign.
- Updated links on the Related Links page.
August 8, 1996
August 3, 1996
- Added more cute icons to the Related Links page.
- Removed the old Vermont sign link from the State Highway Markers pages.
August 2, 1996
- Added the rest of the Kentucky parkway signs, the Kentucky Turnpike sign, and a Wisconsin county route sign, and cleaned up the Missouri secondary route sign.
August 1, 1996
July 31, 1996
- Added the Sources page.
- Added more links to my Related Links page.
- Slightly updated the How and Why pages.
July 28, 1996
- Added the 1948 State Highway Markers page, and modified the navigation icons to reflect the addition.
- Added the Florida U.S. Highways color scheme.
July 18, 1996
- Redesigned the home page.
- Added text-only versions for the U.S. state highway marker pages.
- Modified the "Back to the Home Page" icon.
July 13, 1996
- Cleaned up the Saskatchewan provincial highway sign.
July 12, 1996
- Added more photos of various American highway markers and an image of a Trans-Canada Highway sign in British Columbia.
July 10, 1996
- Added more links and in other ways improved the Related Links page.
July 9, 1996
July 7, 1996
- Added navigation icons to the image pages.
July 5, 1996
- Added more Canadian signs - now I have signs from each province and the Yukon Territory - and made a separate page for them.
July 4, 1996
- Added the Yukon Territory signs.
July 3, 1996
- Added the U.S. Virgin Islands sign.
July 2, 1996
- Added the District of Columbia sign.
- Changed the typeface in the Vermont sign so that, hopefully, it is more accurate.
July 1, 1996
- Changed the Tennessee sign to its primary state highway sign.
May 16, 1996
- Changed the Vermont sign to its new state highway sign.
May 11, 1996
- Added the Related Links page.
- Added the description of Vermont's new state highway sign.
- Added the Acknowledgments page.
April 24, 1996
- Added the Other State Highway Signs page.
March 9, 1996
- Modified the letters in the Minnesota sign again in the neverending quest for more accuracy.
February 14, 1996
- Completely revamped the Minnesota sign so that it looks decent and a lot more accurate.
- Adjusted the color of the Wyoming sign so that it is more tan than bright yellow.
- Added the remark about Massachusetts signs.
- Changed the Interstate sign from I-22, which doesn't exist, to I-84.
- Removed the remark about Colorado signs.
- Added the Important Notes and What's New pages.
February 8, 1996
- Corrected the New Hampshire sign so that the sign is square, as it should be, and not in the shape of the Man in the Mountain profile as before.
January 31, 1996
- Added remarks about the Tennessee and U.S. Virgin Islands highway signs.
January 25, 1996
- Added remarks about the Colorado and District of Columbia signs.
January 22, 1996
- Fixed the Texas sign so the background color is white instead of yellow.
January 20, 1996